Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Recession Hits Home

The recession that we are currently in has claimed me as a victim.

As of last Thursday I'm one of the many unemployed. Unlike mis-managed big businesses(think Chrysler, GM, Citi, etc, etc, etc) there will be no bail out for me. And because K and I work hard to pay our bills and meet our responsibilities there is no special programs for us. Sure, there's unemployment, and I will definitely take advantage of(anything I can do to stick it to my previous employer).

But being a hard working, intelligent, punctual employee doesn't always get you were you want to go.

Now I have the opportunity to decide where I want to go. And I'm choosing school. Not just any class but Nursing or an Allied Health such as Radiography Tech. I've got a degree in Biology and I've never gotten to use it, as my dad points out any chance he gets. So it's off in to the great unknown with K's complete support. I think she's more excited than. No, I know she's more excited than me. But I'm always concerned about the unkown. Especially when it involves not only one but two families. In other words, the problems that will arise about child support and custody. I can already see a storm cloud brewing with K and the ex and I'm dreading it. There's going to be a lot of changes but I've been given this opportunity by God to make a change and I'm going to make the most of it.

No comments: