Thursday, March 20, 2008

Completely Kid Free!

Even down to the dog. That’s how K and I have spent the last 14 hours. Mine went back to their Mom for visitation, K’s went to San Antonio to visit cousins while on Spring Break and the dog went to Grandmas’ house. Or as I like to say, to see K’s 4-legged brother, Cozmo.


We, in turn, had a night all to ourselves! It started off with a decent meal at an Italian restaurant we had never tried before. Flash forward to 9:30pm as I’m struggling to keep my eyes open through an all new Law & Order; yes a NEW ONE. It must be the fact that we relax so much when none of the kids are around that we don’t know what to do with ourselves. Or maybe they slipped something in my dessert.


So we called it a short night and started packing for our Easter jaunt down to San Antonio, to see my father-in-law and his wife. Yep, we have this big house that we wanted to start our own family holiday traditions in and we’re hitting the road for the third holiday out of four (Easter, Christmas and Easter). At least we can look forward to some warm weather and real beer or two.


I wonder if there are any good concerts down there on Saturday night………

No comments: